Sex Question of the Week By The AGI:
The above site is a subset of The Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI).
The mission of the AGI is to protect the reproductive choices of all women and men throughout the world. It is to support their ability to obtain the information and services needed to achieve their full human rights, safeguard their health and exercise their individual responsibilities in regard to sexual behavior, reproduction and family formation.
The AGI recognizes the diversity and dignity of all individuals, and gives special attention to addressing the needs and concerns of those whose access to information, services or other societal benefits may be impeded by their age, by poverty or by virtue of gender, racial, ethnic, religious or cultural discrimination. The aims of the AGI are to:
* Foster sexual and reproductive health and rights;
* Promote the prevention of unintended pregnancies;
* Guarantee the freedom of women to terminate unwanted pregnancies;
* Achieve healthy pregnancies and births;
* Secure societal support for parenthood and parenting; and
* Promote gender equality within sexual, familial and social relationships.
Founded in 1968,
the AGI has been a world leader in cataloging population statistics and data on sexual behavior. Highly respected, if not always agreed with, this site is essential for anyone wishing to study statistics concerning pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, sexual experiences of our teenagers, and other serious and difficult issues pertaining to human sexuality.