|| Cancer Research, at the Medical Oncology Unit in
TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL, with Dr. W.K. Evans
|| Internal Medicine, at the YORK FINCH GENERAL HOSPITAL with Drs. N.C. Kerbel and H. Coopersmith
|| General Surgery, at ST. MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL, Toronto
with Dr. N. Colapinto
||Paediatrics, at NORTH YORK GENERAL HOSPITAL, with
Dr. M. Wolfish
|| Geriatrics, at BAYCREST CENTRE FOR GERIATRIC CARE, with Dr. M. Gordon
|| Active Member of ADVANCED HEALTH SERVICES GROUP, 24 HOUR DOCTOR HOME CARE SERVICE, July - Oct. '86
|| 36th Annual Refresher Course for Family Physicians, in Montreal, (19 study hours) Nov. 6 - 8th '85
|| The Emotionally Disturbed Adolescent, by SUNNYBROOK MEDICAL CENTRE, Department of Psychiatry Toronto (8 study hours) Nov. 22 ' 85
|| The American Heart Association's Advanced Cardiac Life Support (A.C.L.S.)
|| Emergency Medicine - A Critical Appraisal Series 2, AMA/ACEP/AAFEP approved, in Orlando Florida, (20 study hours) Dec. 27 - 30th '85
|| The American College of Surgeons Advanced Trauma
Life Support Course (A.T.L.S.)
|| Paediatric Emergencies: The American National Conference
for Practitioners, (17 study hours - AMA) in Atlanta, Georgia, June 18 - 20th '86
Wang, P.Y. and Bazos, M.J. Chapter VIII. Biomedical Aspects and Bioadhesion: Polymer Surface Interactions in the Biological Environment. In: Physiochemical Aspects of Polymer Surfaces. Ed. K.L. Mittal, Plenum Press, New York, Volume 2: pp. 943-952.
- Bazos, M.J., Wang, P.Y. Mechanism of Synthetic Polymer
Bioadhesions. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1982, LIX:4, pp. 118 - 120.
- Wang, P.Y., Evans, D.W., Bazos, M.J., Yu, S.K., and
Parravano, A. Murine 3T3 Cell Deformability and Concanavalin A Agglutination - Correlation with A Physical Model System.
Lectins- Biology, Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry. 1982 Volume II, pp. 167 - 178.
- Bazos, M.J., Wang, P.Y., and Drakos, T.T. The Design and Evaluation of a Skin Wound Dextran Hydrogel Dressing. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1982, LX:1, pp. 25 - 27.
- Bazos, M.J., Evans, W.K., Wang, P.Y., and Drakos, T.T. Small Cell Lung Cancer. Part I: A Curable Disease. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1982, LX:1, pp. 19 - 22.
- Bazos, M.J., and Evans, W.K. Small Cell Lung Cancer. Part II: A Case Presentation. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1983, LX:2, pp. 48 - 52.
- Shepherd, F.A., Evans, W.K., and Bazos, M.J. Current Review: The Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS),
Feature Article in Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1983, LX:1, pp. 5 - 9.
- Tarshis, T., Bazos, M.J., Evans, W.K., and Shepherd, F.A. Kaposi's Sarcoma: Multiple Idiopathic Pigmented Skin Sarcoma. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1983, LXI:1, pp. 11 - 15.
- Bazos, M.J. On Effective Communication. Editorial in Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1983, LXI:1, p. 3.
- Bazos, M.J., Wang, P.Y., and Drakos, T.T. The Ommaya Reservoir: An Implantable Drug-Delivery System. Medical Journal University of Toronto, 1984, LXI:3, pp. 125 - 131.
- Bazos, M.J., On the Responsible Physician. Editorial in Medical Journal University of Toronto. 1984, LXI:3, p. 103.
- Evans, W.K., Osoba, D., Feld, R., Shepherd, F.A., Bazos, M.J., Deboer, G. VP-16 and Cisplatin for Small Cell Lung Cancer After Failure of Induction Chemotherapy. Proc Am Soc Clin Onc 3:222 (Abst C - 868), 1984.
- Evans, W.K., Osoba, D., Feld, R., Shepherd, F.A., Bazos, M.J., DeBoer, G. VP-16 and Cisplatin for Small Cell Lung Cancer After Failure of Induction Chemotherapy. Ann Royal College Physicians & Surgeons Canada, 1984; 17: p. 343. (Abstract 297)
- Evans, W.K., Osoba, D., Feld, R., Shepherd, F.A., Bazos, M.J., DeBoer, G. Etoposide ( VP-16) and cisplatin: an effective treatment for relapse in small- cell lung cancer. J. Clin Oncol. 3(1):65-71, Jan. 1985.
- Zoritto, M.L., Myers, R., Bazos, M.J., Shepherd F.A.,Evans, W.K., Methyl-CCNU and methotrexate therapy in patients with advanced colorectal cancer after failure of 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy. Amer. J. of Clin. Oncol. 9(1):27-30, 1986 Feb.
Dr. Bazos has spoken extensively both in public forums (eg. television, Community centers, dinner meetings and churches) as well as hosting guest lectures for medical meetings amongst fellow doctors on a host of medical and community topics including the following:
- Domestic Violence
- Anabolic Steroids
- Wife Abuse
- The Needs of Children and Adolescence
- Cocaine & Other Substance Abuse
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Community Acquired Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- The Toronto Wellesley Hospital, Central Site, Department of Family Practice
- The Scarborough Hospital, Grace Division, Department of Family Practice
- Toronto East General Hospital, Department of Family Practice
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL
- Medical Council of Canada
- Ontario Medical Association
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- The Hippocratic Medical Association of Canada
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- American College of Family Physicians
- The Canadian College of Family Physicians
- The State of Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Board of
- The Florida Board of Spinal Injuries and Spina Bifida
- The Greek Orthodox Family Services & Counselling Organization Against
Domestic Violence and Child Abuse